When Spring Break Isnt Relaxing…
So with a neuro test looming over my head, I have been stressed beyond belief. I have stress eaten, binge listened to episodes of The Office (clearly I couldn’t watch while i was studying), studied until my brain became mush, and even set motivational pictures to the background of my phone (I still don’t feel motivated). I have been studying at least 12 hours a day for the past week, and for my last few days of spring break, that is unacceptable. I’m usually a really peppy person, but honestly I am running out of steam, timing, and coffee…So someone, please help! Not just for dieting & life purposes, but sanity.
Things I could be doing on break instead…
I have given a lot of thought to this…so here is a comprehensive list of all of the things I could be doing instead of studying for neuro.
- Re watching Beauty and The Beast: it was an amazing movie and I cried as soon as Emma Watson came out
- Laying on a beach: I’m not a huge fan of oceans (sharks, rip tides, hurricanes, sting rays, need i go on?) but I would take any of that over this
- Binge watching every show on Netflix: not sure if it is possible, but I would be willing to give it a shot
- Napping: this 100% deserves to be on the list because you don’t realize how much you miss it until it is gone…
- Running/Hiking/seeing nature: right now, I have a great view of my backyard from the window…not sure if that qualifies as seeing nature or not
And things I would rather be doing than studying…
- Donating blood: I pass out whenever I see blood, so this is a big deal for me
- Hiking in Death Valley: Hot AF
- Being chased by geese, mauled by a bear, or bitten by a rabid raccoon: maybe this seems over dramatic, but I would have been in less emotional pain and mental anguish if I would have encountered these options
- Spending time with the people who annoy me most: at least I could ignore them and it wouldn’t affect my future. My midterm is not the same
This too shall pass…
My favorite mantra has never seemed so prevalent. Hanging in there for now. Though questioning why I signed myself up for this (ugh grad school feels). Come back to see how my sanity is tomorrow.
Please leave some motivational comments, thoughts, really anything to distract me from this fresh hell I call school.